Maggie Irene Sonia

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009

This is our first Christmas together! The smiles in the pictures below says it all -- we (mostly Mary) haven't slept much (maybe less than 5 hours the past 3 days) but we are slowing but surely growing together as one family. Maggie Sonia still misses her care-takers at SMSS.
This transition is slow -- she's bonded with Mary but I'm a work in progress and we are seeing little signs of her acceptance of us : she is eating well; she's started to communicate with us by signing some of the words we are teaching her. Sometimes she has an infectious belly laugh!! and now has started to play with some toys.








Uncle Paul Pasko, Mary and Maggie Sonia sledding down the street.






4 comments:

  1. Awwww ... how sweet those little smiles are!!!
    We are so happy that she is opening up to you guys!
    Oh that little smile! It made us smile too :o) she is such a lovely girl!
    Very warm wishes to the tree of you!
    Jan & Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see such a big smile from Maggie Sonia! Yay! Yes, it's a wonderful Christmas in the Francis home this year! I really hope that, by next year, we'll have our son home and can share in the same kind of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How joyful, wonderful - we can hardly wait to see you all together!!! It seems that Maggie is getting some good snow time with Paul and Mary...Ash & Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw Maggie Sonia's smile in the first picture of the 26th, I cheered! Pictures say so much! Thank you for all of them, and for your posts -- It's been a privilege to hear your story as it has developed! I hope Ash and I may get the chance to hear it all over again at Silver Star!
    Love you!
    Trish & Ash

    ReplyDelete