Maggie Sonia and Mary continue to be attached to the hip -- literarily. We spent Saturday visiting Doctor Chawla, a Harvard and Beth Israel Deaconess trained physician (another sign how small this world is -- Mary worked at Beth Israel for 14 years and may have crossed paths).
The Doctor visit went fine except to get the Visa she needs 6 shots to complete the immunization requirement for the I-800 case (*** Note: currently there is no waiver for I-800 case for the US adoption irregardless what your adoption agency says --the waiver form is only for I-600 case). We recommend in hindsight that all the immunization should be completed by the orphanage to prevent this delay. (I apologize for waking up all the WHFC folks at 1:00 am EST in a panic mode on Saturday -- thank you all for responding to our questions). We completed 3 of her shots on Saturday and plan to return on Monday for the remaining 3 so that we can pass the medical portion of the visa requirement -- Unfortunately we have the embassy appointment at 9:00 am on Monday -- this will delay us by a day to get her visa and final approval to travel home. The cost for the 6 shots and doctors visit was 9200 Rupees.
Maggie Sonia at the doctor's office
We continue to struggle as new parents (I don't think I read enough books on how to decipher a baby's needs). She still is not sleeping when needed -- she has yet to walk around or play -- she just wants to be held by Mary when she is awake!
Here's a story the Puttkammers and my brothers would appreciate.
To get Maggie Sonia to sleep, we went for a short car ride. Our driver took us to F21-22 Hauz Kaus!!
The current owner is F.S. Nariman and is wife Bapsi who have owned it for 37 years. Well long story short, we were invited for a nice tea and biscuits and spent an hour in their courtyard. He is a lawyer and MP and Bapsi is a social activtist and writer. (He argued the Union Carbide case in the Indian supreme court.).
Maggie Sonia and Mary with Bapsi and F.S. Nariman
Tomorrow is our big day at the American Embassy.
If we get Maggie Sonia's visa, we'll be home for Christmas....
We just wanted to thank all our family and friends for all their support these past 4 days. Its been tough but She's going to be the jewel in our lives and we appreciate all the kind words of encouragements and tips on getting our little girl to sleep.
If we get Maggie Sonia's visa, we'll be home for Christmas....
We just wanted to thank all our family and friends for all their support these past 4 days. Its been tough but She's going to be the jewel in our lives and we appreciate all the kind words of encouragements and tips on getting our little girl to sleep.
Yours always in love,
Mary and Thom
I think Mary should get a deep muscle massage for her back, shoulders and arms for when Maggie Sonia decides it's OK to detach and be held by her father. I'm sure that moment is just around the corner for you.
ReplyDeletesending you love
Maggie, Bob, Evan & Keith
Everything will go swimmingly and you will be back in the US for Christmas. The advantage we have over everybody else reading this blog is that we have seen Maggie and she is absolutely stunning. Big eyes and very very long eyelashes. Just wait until she gets amongst her cousins - she will have the time of her life.
ReplyDeleteDick and Jenny (sorry this blog thingy is still strange to us so I think we are down as "anonymous" yet again. By the time Maggie hits her third birthday we would have got the knack of it (we hope)
I sure hope that tomorrow all your paperwork will be finished and that you will have Maggie's visa so you can go home!
ReplyDeleteI wish you both lots of strength (Mary maybe a little more as she has to walk around with Maggie attached to her hip ;o) ) ...
And again I would want to comfort you with much more than these words but my english falls short on me again :o) ...
Take care and warm wishes ... keep up the spirit, thinggs will go smoother soon!
Saskia & Jan
Mary and Thom,
ReplyDeleteYou all have been in my thoughts and prayers continuously. I cannot wait to meet Maggie Sonia when you return to Starkville. Please know that ALL parents feel just as inadequate when it comes to figuring out what your child is wanting or needing in the beginning! Before long these days will be a distant memory and you will have a hard time remembering life without her. Love and best wishes, Nan Donohoe
I want to thank you so much for all of the information you are sharing, and am happy to see your family united. Those following you to Orissa, hopefully me included, greatly appreciate being a small part of your experiences. I hope everything goes well with the embassy!
ReplyDelete